Sunday, March 14, 2010

Remote control

Dear James,

I woke up this morning and realized that your first birthday has come and gone. Shit. You know that movie with Adam Sandler, "Click", where he has a remote control that he uses to control his life? ... ok, maybe you don't know that movie yet since you are only 1. Basically, he fast forwards through his life. This is exactly how I feel about this past year. Someone pressed the fast forward button without me knowing.

You have gone from a 7 lb 3 oz little blob of pee, poop, and tears....and have become a 24 lb walking, giggling, smiling toddler. While there is still pee, poop, and tears, it is intermixed with "dada...mama..tucka, tucka, tucka...", belly laughs, and lots of smiles. Just one year ago, you were lucky to find my boob and now you can point to your head on command. We are so proud!!

The slow motion button on our family's remote control might be out of order. I want to savor each moment with you--especially now that you want to hug and snuggle with me. I know that there will come a day when snuggling with your mom will be deemed uncool....and perhaps a little creepy. Until that day comes, can we please get that slow motion button to working?

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment