Sunday, May 3, 2009

Confession number 3: Dialysis

I have never wanted to be a stay at home mom. However, as the start date back to work rapidly approaches (1 week away), guilt and anxiety have now filled my body to the core and I desperately want more time. Am I going to miss all those special moments and milestones? Our little peanut has pretty much been with me 24/7 since conception (about 1 year ago). Now I'm supposed to just let him be away from me 8-12 hours a day Monday through Friday? Snippets of him in the mornings...evenings...weekends...

I feel as though someone has come in and said to me, "I'm sorry, but we are going to have to remove both of your kidneys".

"Really?" I say, "Aren't kidneys pretty essential for life?"

"Yes, but don't worry, you will be on dialysis mornings...evenings...weekends..."

Sucks, big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment